Transformation is a deep modification. Whilst the classic coaching has its impact at the level of behavior, the transformational coaching changes thinking, beliefs, values, and mission of a person. It happens rather often that a person does not know in which direction to move on, does not see any goals, does not see any meaning in existence; the previous goals have already been achieved and the further steps are not identified.
It often happens that the goal is set, but there is no motivation, or something inside is preventing the person from going towards such a goal. It can be an internal conflict when one wants two things at the same time and the right decision does not come up. In this case one needs transformational coaching.
Coaching can be at several levels. The choice depends on the client’s request: on a spiritual level, at the level of personality and personal habits, at the level of values, intentions and motivation; at the level of skills and abilities, and, finally, at the level of behavior. Everything above the level of behavior and skills can be called transformational coaching. Transformational coaching is mainly applied when the problem is not solved and the goal is not achieved at the behavioral level.
Indications for transformational coaching:
- Direct request for changes
- A dead end condition: the client has no goals and he/she does not know where to move further in his/her life
- There is no result after the classical coach sessions, the client does not put in practice the coaching action plan
- There is an internal conflict of values or personality parts
- Understanding oneself and one’s mission
- Bad habits – smoking, excessive weight, etc.
Transformational coaching is supposed to help realizing the core essence of the client due to the awareness of his/her inner aspirations, values, and beliefs.
The results of transformational coaching:
- Awareness of your mission
- Increasing motivation for goals achievement
- Solving internal conflicts
- Becoming aware of one’s true goals
- Устранение внутренних преград к достижению целей
Transformational coaching methodology:
Transformational coaching methods may be different. However, there are classical approaches, such as work with beliefs, values, identifying a person’s mission applying NLP, in particular, Rokeach method; internal conflicts settlement is based on the Imaginative-cognitive therapy methods – the “symbol drama”, and epistemological metaphors. There are also other psychological techniques to achieve harmonious personal changes.
Transformational coaching methods can vary; however, it also includes classical approaches. Transformational coaching session is carried out in the same way as the classical coaching session with the use of “Goals-Reality-Opportunities Ways (GROW)” model, where G is the goals setting, R – clarifying the real situation with regard to the goal, O – search for opportunities to achieve goals, W- planning ways for goals achievement and motivation for the process. In case of transformational coaching the “R” stage also includes clarification of restrictions and internal conflicts. While the “O” stage includes the opportunities’ search in the form of a transformational technology solving conflicts and removing restrictions.
Topics for transformational coaching:
- Getting aware of one’s mission
- Search for goals associated with internal values
- Professional awareness
- Changing limiting beliefs
- Settling of interpersonal conflicts
- Settling of internal conflicts
- Changing habits
- Motivation for goals achievement
- Working on stress removal
- Overcoming the fear of public speaking
If you notice that dynamics are missing in your life, it is difficult for you to develop, “the world has stopped” or you want to move much faster in life, then, you are welcome to join the deep changes coaching program.